The Boston terrier is a type of dog that can be found in the United States and they were developed from a crossing between the English Bulldog and the White English Terrier. They have been bred to be small with compact bodies, which are muscular in appearance. They are a playful breed, which needs to have 30 minutes of vigorous exercise each day.
- The Boston Terrier is a medium-sized and fairly muscular dog with a short coat that is either white or black
- The Boston Terrier has a small and wrinkled head with pointed ears that are level with the top of the skull. Their muzzle is short and their eyes are small in relation to the rest of their head
- The tail of this dog is either straight or screwed and it is carried low to the ground, which should always be docked
- They have a distinctive look to them and they are usually a brindle or black dog. Occasionally, they may be grey, cream or yellow in colour
- The Boston Terrier is headstrong and very independent
- They are not good at staying warm during the winter months because of their short coat
- These dogs are alert and intelligent and they love playing games as well as developing relationships with their owners, although these bonds may be negative in nature due to the dog’s stubbornness naturally occurring within the breed
- They are playful, intelligent and need to have around 30 minutes of vigorous exercise each day
- Boston Terriers struggle in the heat because they do not have much fur or body fat to keep them cool
What is the Best Dog Coat For Boston Terrier
Every dog owner should ensure that their dog has the best dog coat for their breed if they want to make sure that they are wearing the most suitable pelt. If your Boston terrier is not wearing a good coat, it could encourage many of its health problems including overheating, hypothermia, hyperthermia and various skin conditions.
Your Boston terrier needs to keep its fur and body covered as much as possible, so it is important for you to know how much seasonal change will be felt by your pet.